Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 709- This is getting to be FUN!

Today I burned 1,228 calories in 60 minutes. Can I get an AMEN?I honestly cannot figure out what is harder to do burn 1013 on the life cycle or burn 1228 on the arc trainer. Either one is such a rush!

In spite of the aches and pains I showed up to fight!

Today I felt a little like Matisse. Now from what I know about Matisse is limited only to this story. And this is a real short story about the famous artist- Matisse.

When Matisse was an older man he suffered from severe arthritis and every step was painful. His hands were curled up and his body was hunched over. Yet, Matisse ambled slowly to the piano bench every morning and began to stroke the keys of the piano board. With every stroke his body seemed to loosen up until beautiful music began to come out of the piano. Matisse's energy started to come alive and his vigor increased and he became a changed person.

Within a few minutes he would be at the aisle painting and creating wonderful drawings. Question, how did Matisse change himself from a virtual cripple to this vigorous dynamic painter?

My answer, he did what he loved. I love to workout, what about YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment