Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 684- We are climbing towards 700


Seven hundred days! Seven hundred consecutive days is a few weeks away. What a plateau with the good Lord willing. What can I say? I feel I have been truly blessed. It has got to be one of the more amazing journey's of my life.
I love thinking of things in percentages and right now I am 98 % of the way there! I am anxious to ride today because I know it will be a good challenge. Especially since my favorite life cycle is broken. I will have to choose a different one and be challenged to reach my calorie burn in an hour's time.
I am psyched to git after it!
Well, git after it I did! I almost set the record for the 1st 30 minutes. The record for the 1st 30 minutes is a 520 calorie burn. Today I did 513. I missed by only 8 measly burned calories. Heck, I was 98.6 % of the way there! Ouch, that hurts. Especially after I did set the record for calories burned in the 1st 15 minutes. In the 1st 15 minutes I burned 263 calories. Like I said the other day when I did 262 in 15 minutes. Multiply that times 4 and you get (263x4= 1,052) Whoosh, that is flying. That is a calorie burn of 17.53 a minute. Man, that is electrifying. The attitude was damn the torpedoes and let her rip! I started feeling mortal around the 20 minute mark when I had burned 345 calories. Now, burning 345 calories in 20 minutes is good it is a 17.25 calorie burn per minute. So, just to record the first 30 minutes of riding here is how I did today for the first 10 minutes 171 calories burned. Second 10 minute I burned 174 calories. The third 10 minutes I burned 168 calories. My next 20 minutes was no where near my first. I only burned 281 calories. What a drop. To quote Billy Joel - "Brenda and Eddie had had it all ready by the summer of 75!" Well, I suppose on this ride I had it already by the 30 minute mark. I tried to pick up the pieces and I did manage to burn a total of 945 calories in a 60 minute span of time which is very good. I went on to some serious crunches, 1100 in all and I did the plank for 16 straight minutes. I felt awesome -
My fast today was a long one. I had not eaten or drank a thing for 17 hours. I actually enjoy fasting I think it is a good way of clearing the mind. Of course once I start to eat I enjoy eating also.
As the workout concluded we took another step on a journey of effort and discovery.
Here is a thought; there is not and there never will be a test that measures the size of a person's heart. You cannot open a person to see whether or not they got what it takes to do what needs to be done. Best way to measure a person is to put them out there and see what they got.

No comments:

Post a Comment