Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 694- Just show up and fight!

I once heard from a great motivator that if you wanted to compete in America today you need to know what it takes to win. He said, "if you want to beat 50 % of all people be a person of integrity and show up everyday. If you want to beat 90 % of all people in America today, be a person who works hard, lives right and find something you believe in. His summary still rings in my ear;Work hard, live right and find something you will believe in and you will be in the top ten of people in whatever you do!

What about the other 10 %? He said, "that is a dog fight." By that he meant do whatever it takes in a moral ethical way. Show up early, do a little more, love it a little more and never quit.

Winner's win and loser's lose. Just keep on doing it until the job gets done.

Simple advice, for a time that screams out to be simplified!

Day 694 - A much earlier start. I feel good and I am anxious to get in the gym and do an awesome ride.Just as I said yesterday the steps.....

Step 1- get up at 5:30 am
Step 2 -be on the lifecycle by 7am
Step 3- ride the lifecycle as hard as I can for as long as I can!
Step 4 - be ready for work by 10am or so.

So far:
Step 1- done
Step 2 -as of 6:16am I am dressed, fed and ready to play( waiting for the gym to open).

Now, it is off to Steps 2,3 & 4!

Step 1- get up at 5:30 am
Step 2 -be on the lifecycle by 7am-got on at 7:05am
Step 3- ride the lifecycle as hard as I can for as long as I can!Did it!
Step 4 - be ready for work by 10am or so.(as of 9:23 am I'm almost ready to leave.

Ah, the weather has gotten much warmer. My ride today was ample. I did enough. I gave it all I had! I was happy with my effort. When you do two 60 minute workouts in 19 hours you can expect anything. Especially 4 1/2 hours of sleep. thank God the weather was warmer it makes it easier to get up.

Here is a great attitude question, no matter what the circumstances what do you enjoy saying more? I am done! Or I(we) won! I prefer I(we) won! I love to feel the sense of success. The sound of it or any part of it. It has been said success like fame is very fleeting it is gone in an instant.

I spoke about being in that top 10 % of what we do. How special that is. I believe we are probably all in the top 10 % of something we do. However, some of us do not realize that we are in that top ten of something. I believe finding that special something can make all the difference in the world. The difference of how a person feels about themselves.

I must confess that one of my reasons for writing this blog and spreading the word on physical fitness and working out is to see how many people are currently engaged in a streak of daily workouts. I am curious if I am in the top ten of people that have worked out for consecutive days. I their is an elite group of runners that have not missed a day of running for years and some decades. That has got to be the top ten percent of runners.

I think I am getting too wrapped- Today I burned 824 in 60 the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment