Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 701-the challenge was how to make a workout work

I went into the fitness center and discovered there was an incomplete life cycle. Where as the computer and digital read out was missing. So that gave me a few options. As I said probably about 100 days ago life is all about options and it comes down to simple options as pointed out by our friend the philosopher Renee DesCarte.When it rains we have three choices: Staying dry and avoiding the challenge, going out and getting wet and taking the the challenge or going outside with an umbrella and attempting to stay dry while taking the challenge.

In my case on Day 701 my options were as simple as all that. I had a treadmill, an elliptical machine and a broken life cycle. I could choose to say, "oh well I have no life cycle I will just pack it in. " Instead I decided to ride the life cycle and shadow box. I rode the life cycle for fifty minutes while shadow boxing. When I was about to conclude my last ten minutes of the workout I decided that I had not burned enough calories. I figured I had to workout more and harder. I decided to try the elliptical machine and see if I could burn another 500 or more calories. I was determined to ride for another 40 minutes to see if I could burn the 500 calories.

My skill on the elliptical was not as good as on the life cycle but I did burn 510 calories in about 40 minutes- I felt good so I knew I had done enough. Not bad for an ad hock workout.

Day 702 was on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment