Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 697- How does the sound of the sound sound?

Wrap your mind around that for a second or two. We all interpret the sounds we hear differently. So now we have all risen to a sound in our heads or externally and so we begin our march through the day. We must see our day before we can seize our day. Challenging and succeeding at seeing an awesome day is one way to insure we experience one.

Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present. The sound the arose us from our sleep is a calling to be rejuvenated and move towards OUR day. The bible says, " today is the lord's day let us be glad and rejoice in it". Yes, it is the Lord's day and he has given it to us. As we accept this day with gratitude and humility let us move forward with love in our hearts and a vision of a bright future. Can I get an AMEN?

Today I get to the gym at around 8 am filled with promise.....

We do the best we can because all you can do is ... all you can do.

The challenge was awesome today! I found out early that it was going to be a pure battle of endurance. I maintained the fight all the way to the 47 minute mark. Then in all honesty, fatigue set in. Boo, fatigue. I boo fatigue because it is fatigue that makes cowards of us all!

To rewind and set the scene for today's challenge let us return to the spot at which I started. In gym by 8:15am felt a little tight in the legs. Started pedaling hard and kept the pace. When I reached the 30 minute mark I was at a respectable 461 calories burned. Granted, that is a lot less than yesterday's calorie burn of 513 but, hey I was going as strong as I could do. I really felt great I saw a clear shot to break 900 calories burned in the 60 minutes. The window was open but the question was could I go through? I fought the pedals real hard at the 47 to 48 minute slot but, I actually slowed down. Folks that is a bummer.

I love the workout and when you feel your goal slipping away it creates an empty feeling inside.
But it is that empty feeling that keeps you coming back for more.

So I finished with a burn of less than 900 today(892). So what? I am coming back tomorrow to beat that number!

All you can do .......................is all you can do! But, all you can do enough-

No comments:

Post a Comment