Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 682- It is where we put our mind that determines where we are

Sounds simple. Sounds obvious. The truth according to my understanding of how attitudes are shaped is that whatever we think about and how we feel about what we think about determines are attitude for that moment. Usually how long we hold that thought or feeling determines how long we will have the attitude we have. A great example is having a great time and enjoying someone else's company and doing fun things with that person or even enjoying the company of a group of people. Your natural attitude towards that individual or group will be good since you have experienced positive happy thoughts by being in that situation. Also, you will hold those positive good attitudes towards that experience the next time you will contact that group or individual. Of course the opposite is true if you should experience a negative experience with an individual or group. Our attitudes are driven by what we think about and most importantly by how we feel about what we think about.

When I feel good about a thought I tend to repeatedly think about it. Our mind is powerful. We all feel differently about our thoughts so, when someone comes by and pushes our buttons we need to be aware that our button's are being pushed so we can choose the appropriate response that will keep our attitude's positive-

NEAT STUFF HUH?

Today was probably the most diversified rides I have ever had. My speed of pedaling was extreme! I started at a pace I have never done before. For some crazy reason I was a pedaling like a person shot out of a cannon. (Laugh out loud, imagine a person shot out of a cannon). I burned 172 calories in the first 10 minutes that is a freakin record! then in the first 15 minutes I set another record. I burned 262 calories. That is wild at that pace 262x4= 1,048 in an hour. My record for most calories burned in an hour is 1,013. At the pace I was at I would have shattered the record. However like I said this was a very diversified ride. I did get the streak to 3 consecutive 30 minute intervals of burning 450 or more calories. Because I in the first 30 minutes I burned 488 calories. A disappointment after such an awesome start. At 20 minutes I had burned 340 calories which is an awesome pace ( 340x3=1020 an hour) I was still on track to set the record. In the third ten minutes I dropped my pace considerably. Check this out in the 1st 10 minutes I averaged a burn of 17 .2 calories per minute.
2ND 10 minutes I averaged a burn of 16.8 calories per minute
3rd 10 minutes I averaged a burn of 14.8 calories per minute
Total burn of 488 calories in the 1st 30 minutes.
In the second 30 minutes what a contrast- I managed to burn only 416 calories.
The drop was big and fast.

But--- it was fun and exciting!
Day 683 -- is coming

No comments:

Post a Comment