Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 693- It is a little warmer today

But ever so damp. Damp is a strange word if you think about what does it mean? I suppose it means moisture. It always seems to have a companion word cold. Yeah, it is cold and damp outside. It certainly does not sound pleasant. Damp represents at this moment a challenge to me to get myself to compete one more time. Damp means can I go there and give it my best one more time. Shall I cut through the dampness and capture day 693?

Everyone has some sort of gap to fill before they can move to the next step. I am reminded of a famous Chinese saying"the longest of journey's starts with a single step"- So starts this journey of the day -

I once gave a toast at a friend of mine's wedding it went like this- "May their love be like that of a baker's goods -fresh everyday"

Well, dear Lord may my love to workout be like that of a baker's goods -........

To quote Mick, in the movie Rocky II "what are we waiting for?"

The best start I ever had! I burned 173 calories in the 1st 10 minutes! Whoa, now that's a start. However, like all great starts there usually is a lull. After all six times 173 equals? One thousand and thirty eight calories burned in one hour.One thousand and thirty eight calories burned in one hour would shatter my best calorie burn in an hour by 25 calories.

I am not sure where I got this desire to know my numbers so well. I suppose it is a combination of many things that I enjoy. I enjoy exercise, sports, the numbers in sports, competition, setting a challenge, winning, attacking a challenge and I enjoy the absolute joy of meeting a challenge. I love victory!

After the first 10 minutes of the ride I did set a career best by doing two consecutive days of burning 500 or more calories back to back. Yesterday in the first 30 minutes I burned 514 calories. Today, I burned 502 calories in the first 30 minutes. Burning that many calories for me in a thirty minute span of time is exhilarating- I wish everyone could at least once stand in my shoes and feel the rush!

Tomorrow promises to be an awesome challenge.
Step 1- get up at 5:30 am
Step 2 -be on the lifecycle by 7am
Step 3- ride the lifecycle as hard as I can for as long as I can!
Step 4 - be ready for work by 10am or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment