Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 705- Do you want to win?

Those are powerful words. They are powerful words for several reasons. The first reason is your answer. The second is what you do after your answer. The third reason why I believe those are powerful words is the followup question. Which is .... How bad do you WANT to win?

Most people start a workout program with the intent to lose weight and feel better. Their primary goals are challenged by two things time and distraction. The effort to lose weight and feel better is (let's be honest) over matched by those two challenges time and distraction.

I know this my seem like a simple diagnosis to a complicated problem but I feel that these challenges play a major role in where workout programs go.

I consider myself extremely fortunate have not been defeated by those two challenges( time & distraction).

They say most new business fail in the first year and most new business are out of business in the first 5 years. What about workout programs? When I refer to workout programs my thought is a real simple answer to this question-How often do you workout?

Depending your reasons I would venture to say most people think a good start to a workout program would be a three times a week. According to the attendance at many health clubs, the days of Monday, Wednesday and Friday are the most populated days. All those days are good days to workout. I found one thing that makes a huge difference in whether or not someone stays on the path or goes off the path. The huge difference is desire it is comes back to the original question do you want to win?

Some say it is not competition so what do I have to want to win? I have a philosophy for that if you are breathing you in competition. The competition does not come from another person it comes from you. Inside you want to keep on breathing as opposed to not breathing. We all want to stay alive! We all want to have some sort of enjoyment while we are alive. Our enjoyment comes in various ways from various sources. I feel there are avenues of enjoyment. It is through these avenues that we derive enjoyment.So if you agree 1) our body 2) our ego 3) our soul. What gives us the most pleasure? I do not know. I think that depends on the individual. The old saying goes you are nothing without your health. Our ego feeds how we feel about how we look. So if you think you look good you can enjoy that. Our soul well that is a another matter but let us just say let your conscience be your guide.

As people go on with their day it will be what matters most to them that will honestly determine what they do. I have chosen to workout for the 710 time in the last 705 days. Mainly because I love it. Today I burned only 900 calories. I say only because I thought I could do more. Tomorrow is only a day away!

Day 706= 711Th workout of the last 706 days-
Where were you on Saturday February 23rd 2008?

No comments:

Post a Comment