Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 704- When we chase perfection we can catch other things first

What a strong positive statement! Chasing perfection. Then having the drive to visualize the chase. I once heard an expression that I always thought was similar to the previous statement. In hot pursuit. We sometimes hear that expression in a negative way. "The police officer is in hot pursuit of a suspect." What if a person is in hot pursuit of a goal. A worthy goal, one that inspires us and gives us a strong desire to achieve it.

It is a challenge just to have a challenge. To decide I will attempt this endeavour and I will attempt it as if I was in hot pursuit of succeeding. When I was given an analogy of what exactly was meant by the phrase in hot pursuit. I was told pretend you are late for work and you cannot find your car keys. Tell me, would you then be in hot pursuit of finding those keys? Without those keys you are not able to start the car and if you cannot start the car you can not get to work at all, much less arrive on time. So, it is extremely important that you achieve your goal of finding those car keys.

What if we used the same sense of urgency to reach the goals we set as we did for finding lost car keys? What if we chased perfection with the same sense of urgency? Back to the original statement- When we chase perfection we can catch other things first- like greatness, skillfulness confidence, determination, a strong will, perseverance, dedication, strength... I think we can go on an on.

The concept is simple, if you want to be perfect, study perfection and you will find it has many prerequisites!

Day 704 - I am in hot pursuit! Let us see how well I will do hunting down perfection.

I pushed myself about as hard as I could push today. Like I always say what good is a workout if while doing the workout you don't feel like you are about to die? Well, I must admit I had a good 2 or 3 strong efforts where I wondered what was left. I was seriously determined to burn at least 900 calories in an hour. You can say I was in HOT PURSUIT of hitting that number. I feel the biggest challenge came from the fact that I was perhaps a little over dressed. Today was a good 10 degrees warmer than it has been. I am psyched that I pursued my goal and hit it!

My abdominal workout could have been better but quite frankly I was a little spent. Which I feel is a good source of motivation for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment