Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 685- You've got A Friend

This post is dedicated to a Friend. In fact, today's workout is dedicated to a Friend. A very close Friend that I hope is and will continue to feel better. All my prayers are with him today for a speedy recovery. The Lord only gives us what he knows we can handle. May the Lord continue to bless him.

When I awoke this morning I thought of this song and the words hit me with enough force today that stirred me to a tear. If anyone out there has any Friends that are hurting today, perhaps you can relate to my emotions.

When you're down and troubled
and you need a helping hand
and nothing, oh nothing is going right,
close your eyes and think of me
and soon I will be there
to brighten up even your darkest night.

I think that says enough.

Today we look at the challenge ahead. Yesterday, I started out fast . I have started out very fast for the last three days in a row. I believe my strength has come from my lack of hesitation. At the outset I have been trying to pedal as hard as I can for as long as I can -

A day of dedication awaits....

I have heard of dedications in the past. I understand Buster Douglass (the man who knocked out Mike Tyson) prior to that match dedicated that fight to his deceased Mother.

Well today's workout was dedicated to a Friend. Today was the 4th day in a row. Yes Virginia I have another streak going! Since Day 682 I have burned At least 480 calories in the first 30 minutes of my ride.Check it out:
monday-488
tuesday -516
wednesday- 513
thursday- 480

As said earlier I pedal as hard as I can for as long as I can. I gave me all in 60 minutes I burned 920 calories. After that I did 1,200 crunches and 20 minutes straight on the plank exercise position.
I felt great physically. Emotionally, I am feeling anxious about my Friend and I am pround and honored to have dedicated today's post and workout to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment