Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 617- Happy Halloween

Seems like the weather will be good for the trick or treaters. The big focus right now is a great workout. Up early ( 5:25 am ) after going down @ 1 am. I can not quite put my finger on the reason why my number of calories I have been burning in my 60 minute rides has been lower than in the past. My legs feel good. I pedal hard. I focus on keeping a good pace. I have a strong desire to get and keep the 15 calorie burn per minute pace. It just seems peculiar to not hit my goal, especially since I had such a long run of doing so.

Maybe it is just a mild streak on am on?

Tonight is game 3 of the 2009 World Series. The Yankees are visiting the Phillies for the first of three games that are set to begin in Philadelphia. Other than the subway series where the Yankees played their cross town rival the Mets this is I believe any teams have traveled to play each other. The two teams are only a 2 hour drive from each other. Only one state separates the two that is New Jersey.

The game is scheduled to be played while the east coast is during the height of the trick or treaters evening. I can only remember one World Series game being played on Halloween.

Jeter hit a walk-off home run in the 10th inning after an improbable Yankees comeback with two outs in the ninth that night, sinking the D-backs in Game 4 of the 2001 World Series.

Here is to the sequel being just as good as the first!

GO YANKS!


Being in the spirit of the day, I decided to see if I would get a trick or a treat. The gym I workout in is equipped better than the other gyms I have been to. However, my workout is very simple. It is cardio,abs,arms and stretch. As for my cardio, their equipment falls short for a couple reasons. One, they do not have enough of the machines I care to use. Two the ones they do have are not maintained. Which leads me to my trick or treat game. This morning once I arrived at the gym I was reminded by the idea of trying one of the other lifecycles that are in the gym. This lifecycle is not well maintained but, believe it or not was recently fixed. This lifecycle is located in the area of the gym which receives little ventilation. Which could pose a challenge for anyone that is not aware of the situation. I purpose of choosing this lifecycle despite it being poorly maintained and is placed in a poorly ventilated area was to see if I could pedal harder longer. Which would result in a more fun workout.

Within the 1st 23 minutes I blazing along at a pace I had not been on in a long time! Then I hit a wall which is normal if the pace you are on is way faster than you usually are on. But prior to hitting the wall I was burning OVER 16 CALORIES A MINUTE! I felt great and was fighting to maintain the pace. I started to lose the power around the 30 minute mark. By the 40 minute mark I was barely doing 15 burned calories per minute. I wound up burning 880 calories in 60 minutes which is way better than I had been doing.

Plan,do and review.Plan was good, did most of my plan. Review pedaling was easier, the machine had less resistance than other machine. However, there is a broken ball bearing on that lifecycle. The only trick was the ventilation I got so soaked with perspiration that I had to take off my sweatshirt to continue the ride. The treat was an awesome feeling during and after the ride.

So I guess I happy hallo weened myself- Do not eat too much candy! Have fruit its just as sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment