Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 606- The temperature is a little warmer

Great day to be challenged- Focus and finish is what a great football coach used to always say.
That same coach used to say if this does not get you fired up then your pilot light must be out!
Here is another one: If you are not fired with enthusiasm then you will be fired with enthusiasm!
I am sorry these quotes are just rolling out today.

My time is limited so I am focused on getting a good work out in as soon as I can.

Here is an interesting question; what if everyone had a workout blog? Here is my answer.
  • it might help people by allowing them to keep better records of their workouts
  • since accountability would increase they may have a tendency to work out more often
  • people would be able to express their emotions about working out
  • people would improve their health consciousness
  • more people would understand that its not uncommon to feel the way they do
  • people would raise their standards on good health
  • maybe there would be more healthy people
  • more healthy people means people would be happier

I think you get the picture the world would be a much BETTER place -

Go out and work out and start A WORKOUT BLOG TODAY!

Here is one more quote: The longest of all journeys starts with the first step.

We must always remember its not the the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog!

The reason I bring this quote up is... Because I was in a dog fight today. My fight was to stay at the golden pace of 15 calories per minute. I did a fantastic job for 40 straight minutes. However come the next 20 minutes I was like a pilot trying to save his plane from crashing. I did everything I could think of to keep the pace. I raised the resistance by increasing the level of difficulty on the life cycle. For the 1st 40 minutes I was riding at level 22. When I started to slow I raised my level to level 25. Which is the highest level on the life cycle. when could not maintain the pace I decided to lower the level to get my flow back.That seemed to work except I had fallen to far off the pace.So in an effort to get my pace back up I raised the level to a 25 again. This time my plan was to do it for 2 minutes with a goal to burn 32 calories in that 2 minute span. I managed to burn 30. As a result of all my efforts I did burn 863 calories in 60 minutes. But do know what? I had fun!

Now I know I have said this before but I believe I am a very competitive person. As evidenced by my attitude after I was unable to reach my goal of 900 in 60. I decided to do 3 sets of 200 crunches on two different exercises for a total of 1200 crunches along with another set of 5 minutes straight on another exercise of crunches for a total of 1400+ crunches . After that, 27 straight minutes on the plank exercise.

Needless to say I was sweating after the work out and felt great!

You see the size of the individual has no connection to the amount of the determination in the individual. The effort I have put forth for the last 606 days has nothing to do with how tall I am, how much I weigh, how smart I am and where come from. None of that matters, all that matters is how bad I want to do it!

There ain't never been a test and there never will be a test that measure the size of a person's heart. You can't cut open a person and look inside to see if they have what it takes. The only way you can judge a person is by putting out there and see if they can do it!

This is what, I believe, is meant by the size of the fight in the dog!

Its onto Day 607 ------

No comments:

Post a Comment