Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 599- Have I really been working out for this many days in a row?

Yep sure have- Been on this earth for awhile and have seen a lot. I was alive when
  • The start and end of the Berlin Wall
  • JFK assassination
  • Martin Luther King assassination
  • Bobby Kennedy assassination
  • Riots on streets of New Haven
  • Racial riots in both my Junior High and High School
  • The Beatles arrival and break up John and George's Death
  • Man landed on the moon
  • Vietnam War beginning and end
  • Kent State student killed by US Troops
  • Munich Olympics 11 Israeli killed by terrorists
  • All the President's Men President Nixon resigns in disgrace

Just to name a few things that have happened since I have arrived on this earth. But today mark's a special day in the world of working out. Today I celebrate the fact that I have been give the opportunity to use my body to enjoy a great work out for 599 straight days. Here is a quick review of the dates that have flown by:

  • Day 100 June 1st 2008
  • Day 200 September 9Th 2008
  • Day 300 December 18Th 2008
  • Day 400 march 28TH 2009
  • Day 500 July 6Th 2009

Six hundred days and I feel great! Here is something I have observed when you work out a large amount of consecutive days you learn a tremendous amount about your body and your mind.

Your learn how your body really feels on that day. Why and how do you learn this? It is because you are asking your body to be stretched as far as it can go for that day's work out. So when you are done you know how you really feel that day.

You learn about your mind because you feel such an awesome high each day you can compare how you felt before the work out and after the workout. In essence, you have taken your mind on a wonderful journey each day to sheer bliss. Your mind responds by giving you a clear head and a great feeling of well being.

So, that is a glimpse of the body and soul of a person that has done something every day for 599 days.

I sincerely hope I have helped you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment