Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 609- As I surmised the AJ show was not a go


As we all ponder the day ahead my thoughts are swimming around my beloved Yankees. As I must admit I got an ache in my stomach when they had 2 on and no one out only to watch the Yankee 3,4 and 5 hitters not cash in on a golden opportunity to strike first. By scoring first the Yanks could have sent a message to the Angels that we are here to sent you home!

As fate would have it Mr AJ Burnett proved to be a person not ready for the task of sending the Angels home. After walking the first batter the next 4 batters made AJ look like a batting practice pitcher. I believe thanks to his weak performance the Angels had new live breathed into them.

So the night rolled on with Yanks behind by 4 runs. For some weird reason AJ was actually holding the Angel line up down. Then in the famous 7th inning when all seemed just about cooked. The Yanks started their own streak of baserunners. After the Yanks Melky Cabrera got a one out double followed a walk to Posada and a walk to Derek Jeter the Yankees looked like they were in position to do something. The Angels starting pitcher was John Lackey who had done a great job up until the infamous seventh. As Johnny Damon flew out to left field the big pitcher was just one out from getting out of the jam he created.

This is where the Yanks got a break. Inexpicably Big John was removed from the game by his manager. To the Yanks credit they cashed in on this move. First Mark Tiexiera hit a bases clearing double then after an intentional walk to Alex Rodriguez. Hideki Matsui drove in Mark Tiexiera with a single. As the Yanks tied the game at 4 I was sittng in shock. They had exploded so rapidly. To complete the fascinating come back Robinson Cano tripled in the other two base runners. Voila! The Yanks were ahead 6-4. After Mr Swisher made his usual out.

The Yankees were only NINE OUTS FROM THEIR 40TH WORLD SERIES APPEARANCE!

I am getting fired up just thinking about it!

Oh well, then the Angels caught a break- Joe Girardi the Yankee manager decided to bring back to pitch the starter who had caused all this mess.Joe brought back AJ to pitch the seventh inning.
WHAT A FREAKIN MISTAKE- He was not able to do anything but light another Angel fuse and propel them into game 6!

So here we are on this overcast Friday morning on the east coast waiting for what is fore casted to be a rainy game 6 on Saturday night in the Bronx, New York.



I want to beat yesterday's mark of burning 872 calories in 60 minutes today on the life cycle- I am determined to do that!
Similar to Roger Bannister, I will break the path down into smaller pieces. Ole Rog broke the 4 minute mile for the first time by a human runner. His method was to look at each minute and to see if he could go a 1/4 of a mile for 4 straight minutes.

I must burn 225 calories every 15 minutes 4 times in a row! Then I will have burned 900 in an hour and I will achieve my big goal of averaging 15 calories burned for 60 minutes - quick math tells me in order to beat yesterday's total of burning 872 calories in 60 minutes I need to burn 218.25 calories every 15 minutes.
Well I did it. I got off to great pace for first time in awhile I felt little fatigue. I decided to challenge myself to reached certain goals a little faster than before. What I did was say to myself "okay good, now can you do a little more a little faster?" By doing this I kept the Bannister Pace in fact, I was burning more than 15 calories a minute. So, by the time I reached the 60 minute mark I had burned 912 calories- How sweet it is! I felt great and was excited have my best ride of the week today.
  • Sunday burned - 879 plank zero
  • Monday burned- 902- plank 21
  • Tuesday burned -863-plank 27
  • Wednesday burned -851- plank 28
  • Thursday burned - 872- plank 45 new record
  • Friday burned - 912- plank 22

In summary, its has been a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment