Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 592- As I approach this day I can not help but wonder...


See that is the magic of the day. It fills us with wonder. I had no idea what to wonder when I wrote that. I guess what I should do is ask myself what am I excited about today? A more powerful question is why am I excited about that? What about that makes me excited? There are a set of great daily questions that Tony Robbins put out many years ago. I feel they are great questions because after answering them you can not help but feel energized and focused.


1. The Morning Questions
Answer the following questions every morning to set yourself up for a positive day.
 
1.What am I most happy about in my life right now?
What about that makes me happy?
How does that make me feel?
(Repeat these two secondary questions after each main question)
2.What am I most excited about in my life right now?
3.What am I most proud of in my life right now?
4.What am I most grateful for in my life right now?
5.What am I enjoying most in my life right now?
6.What am I most committed to in my life right now?
7.Who do I love? Who loves me?

I told you these were awesome questions! So, are you set up for an awesome day?

One thing these questions do is they take your mind off of whatever is bugging you.
Right now as you may have guessed I am focused on the work out. The challenge of it all, to go there and compete- And I wonder..... What have I got today? What numbers are at the end of my ride? Also, how great will I feel at the conclusion of the workout? The wonder of all that drives me.
Today's work out was special.Why was it special? For one, I started slow then built up speed. Number two, I used that momentum to gain confidence and set a personal record.
The life cycle that I now ride now is a major challenge to do 15 minutes or more a minute in calories burned. So when I completed my first hour of riding I was determined to do two things. get to a 1000 burned calories in the next 10 minutes of riding and set the record on the plank exercise I was determined to do 40 or more consecutive minutes in the plank position. I am ecstatic to report that I accomplished both! Can I get an Amen?
I found myself so determined that I did burned 225 calories in 15 minutes. Which is awesome considering that I was not able to do an average of 15 calories burned per minute for the first 60 minutes. After the ride I was on a mission to set the record I had set, the record I had set was doing the plank exercise for 37 consecutive minutes I said to myself that I will do 40 minutes or more. I did 41 minutes today- Can I get an Amen?
Tomorrow is Day 593, I am psyched to see how well I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment