Saturday, August 29, 2009

day 554 - had a great ride lets keep the flow



Momentum what does it mean? How do you know you have it? The definition is :: strength or force gained by motion or through the development of events. You know you have it when... Things start moving in the direction you wish them to go. That's my understanding of momentum. The flow I am referring to is power on the ride. I know it will be still early in the am when I start riding. So, I am focusing on keeping my momentum from yesterday!

Hey, I just keep asking those 3 simple questions:
1) How can I do this the best?
2) How can I learn from this?
3) How can I have fun doing this?

My focus will be here!


Did - 902 in 60 minutes- for those of you new to the game that is the goal.Yes sir, 15 a per minute thats a winner pay 15! Anything over 15 per minute is a bonus.


I suppose the rain this morning had to something to do with the thin crowd at the gym this morning. When it rains I am reminded of what the famous french philosopher said. Of course I am paraphrasing and interpreting- HaHa- When it rains people have 3 choices -1 stay inside and stay dry.2-go outside and get wet or 3- go outside and attempt to stay dry with an umbrella. That he believed held true in any human endeavour - We always have three choices.


To me rain always seems to make me think of philosophy. David Henry Thoureau said I am here the pond is here and the universe is all around me. However at any time I could be either one of the other two and at any time the pond could be me or the universe. Also, at any time the universe could be me or the pond. When I read that way back in my college days I was pretty impressed. Now that I think about it right now I am impressed again. If you can understand it gives you a sense of power to know you are part of a great occurence called living.





< Tomorrow we go after 555- COOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment