Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 533- Gym opens at 7am - Excited about being strong

As I approach the numbers of the great home run hitters I can not help but feel some excitement. Jimmie Foxx had 534, Mickey Mantle had 536. Some may recall that when mickey Mantle called it quits his 536 placed him 3rd on the all-time list. Only Ruth and Mays had more.Mays was at 587 and Ruth was at 714. Numbers they are fun! I am on my way to get one.

The weather is awesome - I felt awesome. It was an early start. considering the fact that I stayed up to watch a 15 inning marathon baseball game. In which my beloved yankees beat their rival Red Sox on a 2 run walkoff homer by the red sox anti-hero AROD!-HA!

My schedule was down @ 1am-up @ 5:30 am= 4 1/2 hours of rest perfect-Ah, the sleep of the laborer is sweet. Today was an abbreviated version of a typical workout. Just 60 minutes on the lifecycle. Then 13 minutes of straight plank. Followed by some light curls. My 60 minutes worth of distance ride was strong in the 1st 30 minutes besides a slower start. I played tough at the end enough to keep my goal of at least 15 calories a minute.

Someone was interested enough today to ask me questions about my work out. Also regarding my eating habits. I shared my eating habits with the individual. So I will share them here now.
After my work out I take 2 vitamins with some Bom dia Acia juice. Then I eat fruit. Usually apples and then I drink orange juice mixed with seltzer. Then I go to work. There I sometimes take a break and eat some fruit usually apples. The when I get home later at night I have salad with chicken mixed with fruit.Usually blueberries. If I am still hungry I treat my self to low fat corn chips( 1/2 gram of saturated fat) only or maybe some kettle corn. With no butter.
Then I am off to bed. My diet is set up where I eat no diary.No red meat. I guess you can say I am a vegan except for eating chicken breast. Well, I am out of time need to go to work.
Jimmie Foxx's record will be challenge because it will done at a different gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment