Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 529- As Sam Rosen said, "the waiting is over"

I have a special bitter patter in my heart today as those very close to me know. As Sherlock Holmes said "the game is afoot". We will be focused on 908+ today. To be able to build on these numbers is definitely a thrill. I love the chase. I am five days away from Jimmie Foxx's prestigious number of 534. I feel great, focused and determined.

SEVERAL HOURS LATER...............

There are times when you are deep in the throes of competition when a split second decision can mean victory or defeat.My experience in riding told me I was almost cooked at the 32 minute mark. I had burned off 468 calories in the 1st 30 minutes. Which is an awesome pace. The best I had done since the rule change. However, I knew this pace was about to go down. So rather just watch this strong early ride be diminished to just a mediocre ride. I lowered my resistance to get my strength back. I lost alot on my pace but I got my strength back. Unlike so many times before when I would lose my pace and my strength, this time I kept my strength. By keeping my strength I was able to get back to a decent pace. Once I got back to a decent pace I able to put together a strong kick. I feel what people do realize when the challenge themselves they involve themselves in a game. The game is so much fun once you throw your self into it. All it is you and the clock and the goal is to burn off as many calories as you could when a certain period of time. Now, here is the key, can you get excited about doing that? If you can it is loads of fun.


As I said before when I was about 11 or 12 years old my two favorite movies were "The loneliness of a long distance runner" and "Running Brave"





The main focus of these movies is about the sheer joy of achievemennt while running. "Lonliness" is more about rebellion but the calmness that is felt from running can not be denied. Running Brave is all about have a great finish a kick at the end that shows everyone what the main character is really made out of! I believe that spirit is in me more than ever now.

You know it is strange even though I did not hit my goal of 908 today, I managed to benefit from the action. I will take 901 and run with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment