Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 545- Momentum is the key

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L9FMBbFJZY

The weather has played a factor. The humidity has been high. But I am reminded by ole Vince's line that he stole from Patton.


Fatigue makes cowards of us all.


George S. Patton, Jr., Letter of Instruction Number 1


I must not submit to fatigue; my conditioning will not make me a coward. To everyone out there today.Enjoy the day, seize the day. And may God bless you!

Okay, so Patton was my inspiration today. Today I made a comeback. Did 912 in 60.YES! I got that old sparkle back. I tell ya I felt great. The battle raged on, I was sluggish in the first 15 to 20 minutes. I got so frustrated because I pedaling so hard and I was not hitting my goal. Then, like magic I punched the machine with my fist and I was flying. Cranked it up and hit the 15 calorie burn mark and beyond. Oh it felt so good to be at that pace again! I must focus on repeating that strong pace tomorrow and the next day...

I think if I had one word to describe this entire journey of this streak it is this COMPETITIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment