Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 1035 - The wind in blowing a bitter cold air as I ....

Knife my way through it. The alarm clock which is in being used in place of the other one which broke rings. The sound wakens me from my golden slumber. Although in is not a familiar sound I am called to action. I push myself into position to attack another workout. On my mind is today's number 1350. Yesterday I burned 1347. Today's quest is burn 1350 calories in an hour.

I am not fully awake but I know what I want to do. My gym bag and work out clothes are laid out and like some knight in a round table I put them on and girder myself for the coming battle.

The noise from outside is the wind whipping across the neighborhood. The skies are clear my car is warmed up -

As I knife my way through the wind and onto the gym.

When I arrive at the gym I see a few cars in the lot. I always feel a bang when I realize some one beat me to the gym.

As I check in I am always greeted by an up beat cheerful person. It always amazes me to see the consistency of that greeting. The workout is ready to begin and my anticipation is high.

On this day I burn less than my goal. My 1338 calories I burn does not match my goal but, I feel tremendous and I am indeed thankful that the Lord gave me the strength to enjoy the workout.

I stretch and head on out the door and get ready to go to work.

I know tomorrow will represent three things to me: #1 its Christmas Eve # 2 I will ride for three hours( I have not done that before ) # 3 It will be my 1st day off since Black Friday from working my one of two jobs. It will be the conclusion of a streak of 28 days.

The crazy thing is I will have three consecutive days off- WOW!

Tomorrow Day 1036 I go for three hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment