Thursday, February 25, 2010

day 734- Yesterday, I set a goal and today I hit the goal!

There is something extremely gratifying about setting out to do something and getting it done. As simple as saying I want to burn X number of calories in an hour by using X machine. The joy of doing what you said you will do is very hard to explain to someone else. It is just one of those private victories. When any one's mind is fixed on a certain accomplishment that pursuit of that accomplishment takes on a meaning that only that individual can truly understand.

We must always beware of whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe he can achieve.
The flood of emotions that reach the individual the second they become aware of the achievement of their goal is a form of ecstasy. The sense that what has been chased is now caught is a sense of pure relief and ease that is very hard to fathom.

I was watching some NFL football show last night and the winners were talking about the realization of the accomplishment of winning the world's championship. The person said once they saw the zeroes on the scoreboard and the final score he knew he was a world champion. He understood that all his hard worked had paid off and it was time to bask in that glow.

In that same show there was a scene where with 22 seconds left and the game still in the balance
some players had to come out of the game because they were exhausted.

I was thinking you cannot quit here! Similar today, I was determined today that I simply would not quit no matter how bad I was hurting.

I have come to realization that I am an athlete that will not settle for anything but my best. When I show up for a workout I am on! I know it is my time to give it all I have.

Today I burned 1,417 in 60 minutes and did 930 crunches as well as holding the plank position for 5 3/4 quarters songs

Now I ask you, can I get an AMEN?

No comments:

Post a Comment