Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 711- I call it Day 711 while others called it ground hog day!

Last ground hog day I exercised in this manner. I rode the life cycle for 60 minutes and burned 883 calories. I wrote I loved the challenge on my calendar. Also I went to movies and saw Slumdog Millionaire. Huh? Ground hog day, did the the ground hog see his shadow? If the fuzzy creature did it means... more winter. So what is the gig? Did he see it or not? The answer is yes. Which means six more weeks of winter. Okay, give it to me straight what are the odds of him being correct? Let us cover that thought this way, out of the last 113 attempts he has seen his shadow- 98 times.
Six weeks from today will be March 16Th and winter should be over. Hmm?
At 8:51 am under partly sunny skies it is 19 degrees the forecast is for the temperature to reach 35 degrees. Light snow flurries are possible.

After all it is early February this is fairly normal weather for this part of the US. I have to admit this is the best I have felt in the days since I have begun using the arc trainer for my sixty minute cardio vascular workout.

Remember as you go through your day that your attitude will be your governor. Governor what is a governor? Well the dictionary defines governor as one that exercises authority over another. Perfect! Yes, your attitude is your governor and your attitude is determined by only two things:
1) what you think about
2) how you feel about what you think about

That is it! In most ways this will determine how your day will go. So what are you going to think about? And how will you feel about what you are thinking about?

Here is a quote to juice up this concept-
Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
William B. Sprague

In other words- GO FOR IT!



Okay, time to catch that 711!

Caught it! That is the most calories I have ever burned in sixty minutes. As I burned 1,240 I noticed I was nowhere near as exhausted as I have been when I was riding the life cycle. However, there is no doubt that I am getting a good workout and I do feel great during and after the sixty minutes. I believe there is a way to burn more calories in an hour than just 1,240. I am curious if I set the machine for manual and max it out in all settings incline and resistance and level if I will burn more calories than 1,240.

Today my program was cardio on the highest level, which is level 10. With the cardio program level 10, the program settings of resistance and incline keep changing. Should I set the program to manual all the settings will remain the same throughout the workout. I am excited to give it a try.

Had a super abdominal workout I was able to do 450 calories and stayed in the plank position for 19 straight minutes-----

Day 712 should be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment