Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 722- We roll towards Day 730

Down to the precious few, as the song goes. My body feels great my attitude is positive. Now, tell me what more can anyone ask for? Back on February 23RD 2008 I started this fun run. Boy, a lot has changed since then. When I began this trek it was a 17 days into lent and I made a decision to keep going without a break.Prior to the week when I did not take break after working out all week. I was sick and was not up to working out. So, as the normal break day came along I decided to work out regardless. My thought at that time was to make up for the days I had missed while sick. As I look back I do recall the thought process was, "okay, I just worked out seven days in a row and I feel I can work out eight days without any problem."

As I kept on working out, I was realizing more and more that it was no big deal to keep working out everyday. My body felt great and I enjoyed the feeling I got from the everyday work out.

So, as I approached the end of lent and I had fulfilled my Lenten commitments I decided to just keep on going. Without any desire really but, to see how far I could go.

At around the time I was making the decision of continuing I was conversing with someone on a pretty regular basis about having a positive attitude. Once I started to focus on the attitude of being positive working out everyday just became a mindset. My mind was focused and my body just followed my mind.

So, I guess just as simply as people slip into bad habits, I was with the help of the good Lord, able to slip into a good habit.

And so that is mentally, where my mind was at some 720-30 days ago. Yeah, I suppose a lot has changed since then but my attitude about doing a work out every day has not!

With never say stop attitude we conquered day 722.Today was the first day where I really felt challenged on the arc trainer. What I mean when I say "felt challenged" is asking myself are the settings too high? Which would allow me to lower the the resistance on the workout. I got off to a good start burning 715 calories in the first 30 minutes. It was good because I would burn 1,430 in 60 minutes at that pace. I noticed I was sweating real good in fact my puddle was pronounced around the 15 minute mark.Only add that comment so its easy to gage the effort I was putting into the workout. My effort was not totally met with my desired results as I neared the end of this fun challenging workout. Even though i was a little fatigued I forged ahead hoping for that elusive second wind. It came but only in brief instants. Before long I was done with the workout and had burned 1,413 calories in the 60 minute span of time. Not bad, not great, but definitely GOOD! I was proud of the accomplishment. Today, I will call a "private victory". I could go on and on about how rewarding and awesome it felt to do the workout but I do not the reader would feel the full effect of the feeling. So let us just be happy and move on.

Tomorrow is a new opportunity to seek out another private victory- Day 723-
As we roll towards Day 730!

No comments:

Post a Comment