Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 713- As we march on! We head toward the opportunity to do great things

Now that is a good attitude to have. The key to a good attitude is what you focus on. Remember, attitudes are determined by what we think about and how we feel about what we think about. It sounds so simple but it truly is! Take a second dwell on something, then ask yourself how do I feel about that? If it it is something that is important to you it will probably effect your attitude. How will it effect you? I do not know it depends on how you feel about it.

A great example of this is let us pretend for a second the you just found out you won the lottery and you have been hoping to win the lottery for a long time. Not only did you win the lottery you won a tremendous amount of money. Now, tell me the truth, your thoughts for the next few hours are going to be on what? That money right? I would imagine that a lot of the thoughts would be good thoughts and you will have a not good attitude but a great attitude. Right?

This how are mind works. We choose to focus on things and we choose to decide how we feel about things. This is the challenge I believe we all face every second of the day. As we go through this journey called life we have an overall picture of ourselves that we have created and every second of every breathing day we work on fulfilling that picture that we have of ourselves.

To go one step further with this thought process let us ask what really drives us? As a whole can we look at humans from this perspective? Humans are driven by mainly three things. I know three things is not a lot of things to only be driven by but try these three driving forces and tell me if you would agree?
Body, ego and soul. Think about it this way, the body has one driving force. What do you think that is? How about to feel good? Do you think your body wants to feel lousy? No, it wants one thing and one thing only to feel good. Which leads to another driving force that steers humans. That force is called the ego. Real simple, the ego wants to look good. Look good? How so? I understand this in a nutshell. The ego is really how you think you look from your perspective and other people's perspective. It is like I said before, we are back to that picture we all have of ourselves and how we want or look in the eyes of ourselves. Our ego's desire is to look as good as we believe we are!

The last of the big three driving forces which rule humans is the soul.
The soul takes in everything we believe is good and right.

One thing about belief. A belief is second from the top in a person's feeling of certainty. Where as a conviction is at at the top. Suppose a person asks you a question depending on your level of certainty in an effort to be totally honest with how you feel you say " I think so." How much certainty are you really showing in the your answer to that question? Not much. Let us go one step further and change your answer to "I know this is the way it is." Now, that offers even more certainty. To go one more step up on the certainty level you say, "I believe it is this way!"- See, now you are becoming a person of authority on your answer you are eliminating a lot of doubts. The last step. the top rung on the ladder is conviction- "I am convicted, I will stake my life on my answer" - Well okay, I am sure that this is the way it is according to your view. It this level of certainty that determines how sure a person believes / or convicted as to who they are. So it is our soul that determines what is good and what is right.

Now, getting back to our soul and how it drives us. Deep down we all want to do what is good and right. Just what is good and right? That is up to us to decide and that will ultimately will determine our destiny. As we march on! We head towards the opportunity to do great things.

I never gave it much thought how many calories could be burned in an hour. I thought if you could burn about 800 in hour that is busting it. I remember way back when their was a sign up in a health club that said burn 700 calories in an hour playing racquetball. Hmm? Only 700 in an hour? How about 700 in a half an hour? Well today, I headed toward an opportunity to do great things and I did do a great thing. I burned 1,412 calories in 60 minutes while using the arc trainer. My strategy was to see how hard I could push myself. I set the program to manual, the resistance to 100% the incline to 6 and away I went. I burned 721 calories in the first 30 minutes. Which is fantastic. At that pace I was set to burn 1,442 calories in an hour. But I sensed that may have been a little too ambitious for right now. So, I hate to admit but I settled for burning 1,412 calories in an hour. No matter I felt it and it felt great!

I was pumped so I did 630 crunches and 24 minutes of the plank position without a break. That is something odd I just realized I do not take a water break I just keep going. Today I managed to sweat enough that I needed to switch clothes after burning the 1,412 calories.

Long live the workout! Tomorrow we tie Babe Ruth's number of home runs 714! Day 714 is glowing in the not too far distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment