Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 733- There is a gleam in the eyes of the person who will not quit

We all want to do what we want, when we want, with whom we want, don't we? I can't hear you? Ok, I think I heard a yes. No wait a minute, I think I heard a loud, YES! So the question is why don't we?

It is simple we quit on that thought very early on. The reasons we quite are numerous.

For instance, today was the first day I set my settings on the machine and could not keep going. No kidding, I was able to slug it out for a 1/2 hour then I had to lower the resistance. I will say it was not from lack of effort. I sweated more today than I could ever remember sweating. The only reason why I think I got so freakin wet was because I had too much clothing on. When I reached the 30 minute mark I said i could more can't I? The answer I got back was yeah but the mission here is to finish the 60 minutes. So in a split second decision I lowered the resistance. Man, I was pissed! I was upset at myself for giving in. While I was dwelling on that thought I recalled a list I once had written down on why people quit anything. I was so impressed by the list I had committed it to memory.
The reasons why people stop doing things( attempting to reach a goal)
Their family
Their kids
Their job
Their friends
Their illness
A family illness
Other obligations
Vacation
Negativity

The list just hit me like a bolt of lightning- So, I let up.

Today will people will start a streak of days in which the they worked out.

The reasons above will be the reasons why they will quit their streaks.
The Lord has blessed me by giving me the strength to continue on this path. The Lord has also blessed me by putting me on a perch. The perch I have been set on is one in which I have a different view of working out than no one else I know. I have been put an excuse less level of performance.Everyday I do an athletic act. My challenge everyday is to perform that act. My body knows it and my mind knows it. In exert effort and time in unison. Can I get an AMEN?

I was remind of the challenge today when I had to scale back my workout today. But in an effort to make up for the lack of calories I burned during the 60 minutes I attacked my abs with a lot of vigor.

Doing 900+ crunches felt great! Holding the plank position for songs like Celebration,Gobackjack,Don't stop believe in, and others a total of five and half songs in all, I felt awesome!

You can bet come tomorrow I will attack that same setting on the same machine and this time burn over 1,400 calories. Today, I burned only 1,354. Although, I feel great it is not acceptable!

No comments:

Post a Comment