Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 714- The day we catch the Babe

Yes it was that incredible number of 714 home runs that George Herman (Babe) Ruth hit in his amazing baseball career. At the time he was making all those clouts entire teams could not keep up. To allow you to see his domination in his production of home runs consider this.

In 1921, the average American League team averaged 60 home runs for the year. Guess how many home runs Babe Ruth hit by himself? Babe Ruth hit 59! That is mind boggling. How one person could hit more home runs in a year than entire teams could in the same year. Babe Ruth in 1921 hit 59 home runs while the entire of team of the Red Sox, the White Sox, the Tigers, the Indians and the Senators all individually hit less home runs. To amplify his dominance think about this, the Red Sox as a team for that year had 5,220 at bats and they hit 17 home runs. Where Babe Ruth had 540 at bats and hit 59 home runs. So, let us get this clear. Ruth had 4,680 less at bats and he hit 42 more home runs. That is crazy!

When Babe Ruth retired he left behind a legacy that will never be duplicated. The only reason why any player in their career hit more home runs than Babe Ruth was because they had much more at bats and they used performance enhancing drugs.

Today I am on precipitous of tying his number- I am truly excited about that opportunity!

Well, in the true spirit of excitement, I able celebrate this historic number by breaking yesterday's total of calories burned. Today I managed to burn 1 more calorie than I did yesterday. My total calories burned while on the arc trainer for 60 minutes today was 1413. The number 1413 now stands as the most calories I have burned in an hour. I found today's workout a little strange. The reason why I say that is yesterday while burning 1,412 calories in an hour I burned 721 calories in the first 30 minutes. Today, I burned 1,413 calories in an hour while burning 702 calories in the first 30 minutes.That is kind of strange considering that yesterday for the first 30 minutes I had the settings on the arc trainer set at manual and the resistance at 100% and the incline at 6. At those settings I was able to burn 721 calories. However, with the settings being exactly the same except that I increased the incline to 7, I managed to burn only 702 calories. Even to make this more odd yesterday I lowered the settings to 90 % for the last 30 minutes and I burned 691 calories in the 30 minutes. Again, today with the settings set at manual and resistance at 100% and incline at 7 I burned 711 calories in the last 30 minutes. So A higher and incline and a 10 % higher resistance level only gave me a calorie burn increase of 22. The odd thing is still how could i burn less calories in the same amount of time by increasing the incline? Oh well I suppose the more i use the machine the better I will understand it.

My plank position was a good challenge to hold today I held it for 13 minutes but I increased my crunches to 750 which was awesome. Here is something else that is awesome every day since I started using the arc trainer.
Let's see:
Day 706-
January 28Th Day 1 calories burned in 60 minutes-1,050
January 29Th Day 2 calories burned in 60 minutes-1070
January 30Th Day 3 calories burned in 60 minutes-1180 cardio
January 31 st Day 4 calories burned in 60 minutes-1228 cardio
February 1st Day 5 calories burned in 60 minutes-1180 cardio
February 2ND Day 6 calories burned in 60 minutes-1240
February 3 rd Day 7 calories burned in 60 minutes-1232
February 4 Th Day 8 calories burned in 60 minutes-1412 manual
Day 714-February 5 Th Day 9 calories burned in 60 minutes-1413 manual

So for nine straight days I have done the arc trainer.

Tomorrow, we rise early and pass the Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment