Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 730- Two years! Two years of what?

Okay, I sound repetitive. On one harmless day I felt better after not feeling while. So I decided to workout for sixty minutes.I figured sixty minutes would help me feel better. My mindset was let's see if we could sweat that cold out of me. That day was February 23 RD 2008. Since that day i have completed 732 60 minute workouts!

Today, I burned 1,423 calories in 60 minutes. My story has many chapters but one main plot. That plot is, while I workout for 60 minutes the next day? For 730 straight days the answer has been - YES! Yes, that is 2 whole years. No I have not missed a day. Yes, on some days I did more than one workout a day. So there it stands, the streak.

I hope my streak has provided proof that the human body does not need an extended rest from a cardiovascular workout. The 24 hour rest is plenty. That the body feels great despite what ever rigors it receives from such a stretch of repetitive exercise. The human body is much more resilient than I thought.

Happy Days to all! If you are currently working out workout more! If you are not working out yet, start working out because if I could work out for 730 straight days you can workout at least 2 or 3 times a week. Come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment