Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 896- An early start gets the mind and body cooking!

Psyche and soma. Mind and body. Heart and soul. It is hard to separate the two. The two are so closely matched and have so much to do with one another it is amazing. When it comes to working out it is all insanely mental yet you can not do it without the body. When it comes to wanting something real bad it is your heart and soul that determines your fate. They say a person is not really a whole person until they have the four basic squares all lined up. Four squares are something that a person by the name of William Danforth came up with while he was building his empire that included such things as Purina Mills. It was there that the famous checkerboard square was born. Fours squares meaning physical, mental, social and spiritual well being of an individual.

According to William Danforth the challenge he held out for all was to excel in all these areas. His idea on self improvement was similar to Ben Franklin where he continual held himself accountable to improve himself in all areas of his life.

I suppose if you really want tell someone about someone you can start with the four squares and ask how everything is going. Once you get a read on that picture everything sort of falls into place. I hope all who read this are doing well with their four squares.

Today, I was pleased with my finish. As I beat yesterday's mark of 1,303 in the hour( burned 1308 calories). Ah the joy of pouring it on down the stretch I wish I could give that joy to everyone I meet.




No comments:

Post a Comment