Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1103 The time is right and the feeling is right!

We all go at our own pace. Some say experience is the best teacher.Then others retort,"but, the price is too high!"Well either way something gets taught.Today after I slept for about seven hours which is more than I normally do. I got on the machine at 444 am. I suppose if I was back in my running days I would have hit the streets around that time. Back when I ran I wore no reflective gear no real running shoes. Nope, just my basketball sneakers and gleam to run for awhile.

As I recall, I had made a decision to start eating less and running. This was back in February of 1982. I had received my degree from the university and was starting my second sales job. My body had blown up and I had been watching the movie Rocky. Understand this, cable TV had just come out and so had HBO. When HBO first started its programming they would repeat the same movies over and over. So Rocky was the movie of the month.

I am sure that movie has inspired many people to get in shape. Well, it inspired me. I dropped about 35 to 40 pounds. I felt fantastic. Time went on and I gained more responsibilities and the weight came back on a little and I hurt my knee.

I had my knee operated on and rehabilitated it by swimming and using the Life cycle training bike.Before long more responsibilities came and I was off the bike and into the fat suit again.

Folks let me say this the fat suit is no fun! I got my doctor's attention with my poor health. Then .... WHAM! LIKE A TWO BY FOUR TO THE HEAD IT HIT ME**** WAKE UP YOU FAT HORSE!

Then I started eating and working out. All this occurred in 1997. I was working out on the life cycle for about 5 to seven days a week and was eating okay. Then my Doctor said I had to watch my cholesterol. I said, "man after all this hard work I still am not in tip top shape?"

That is when I took a very good look at my diet and decide to challenge myself in everything.

Diet and exercise I decide to cut out anything that looks like it has cholesterol and I decided not to stop working out.

So, here we are Day 1103 where I burned a good 1410 calories today in the hour.

Day 1104 is knocking on the door- lets knock it down with a 1411+++!
Come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment