Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 1106 Now, we start getting into warmer weather

Have we made it through the winter? We have not hit Saint Patti's Day yet. The mounds of snow are now give way to sightings of the hidden grass. Ah, our old friend grass. Tell me how have you been? As I figured, I got a good six hours of sleep last night. Had a slow start and got on the machine at 455 am.

After some waking up I was able to get the burn number to 725 in the first 30 minutes. I then settled for a 1433 burn for the entire 60 minutes. I did 655 crunches and stretched and was done feeling awesome.

I have arrived at a conclusion on the amount of actual calories burned. I agree of course that the machine read out cannot possibly be accurate. One of the reasons it is inaccurate is because the amount beats per minute. The machine has my heart rate reading of 205 when I am about 40 minutes into the workout.There is no way my heart is beating at that pace. Maybe it is beating only 70 percent of that. However, that is still at a high rate. That would be around 150 beats per minute.
Keeping in mind that the machine is set on manual and is on the highest resistance which is 100 % and the incline is at its steepest which is 10. However, there is a chart that gages your category of heart rate and it does leave room for beyond 170 beats per minute.

To decide on a rate of calories burned per hour is basically a 70% total of my estimated heart rate. I would say that my burn is actually 1000 in an hour. Heck, I feel awesome and that is the net out. Also, by burning more today than yesterday is an awesome feeling.

So, now we head to Day 1107- Cool! I'm ready lets have at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment