Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 943- We beat yesterday's start time & its burn total YES!

You see, that how you want to start the day. With a win. I had a brief conversation with a fellow gym member. The chat revolved around this question. When you do not feel like working out do you just take it easy for that day? I thought about the answer to that question for a second. My reply was no because everyday I try to beat yesterday's total. That brings me to a very solid philosophy on improvement. The philosophy centers around this simple question how can you improve on something every day if you skip a day. Let us imagine for a second there is a big scoreboard in the sky. Everyday is listed and how good of a workout you had on that day is listed next to it.So it is now a given that your name,day and workout will be recorded.Notice there is no way to separate all three. They are joined at the hip. It changes the whole dynamic of wanting to work out does it not? So when the question a rose what happens when you do not want to work out came up I was taken a back. My mindset is not in the whether or not it will be done it is can I beat yesterday's performance. There is a vast difference between the two lines of thought.

As I mentioned earlier I got on the machine at 502 in the am and burned 1293 today.
Compare that to yesterday's 1279 I win!
Also I rest for only 22 hours and 42 minutes.
Compared to 22 hours and 54 minutes I had yesterday.


I feel awesome. We are at 57 days from quad city. Heck 57, that was the year I was born.
We go for 944 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment