Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 939- As we approach our 942ND workout

Our rest time will be a total of 24 hours and about 30 to 40 minutes. Since resting more has made an impact on my amount of calories burned within the hour this week I have a clear vision of my burn exceeding 1300+ calories. The key is to have a clear, concise and mental vision. As I write this blog I will focus on that.

We will be at the conclusion of today's workout only 61 days from quad city or ctown. It is interesting to think or compare, how some time back early settlers or folks that traveled on foot would plan to arrive at a certain destination. Their planned arrivals had to be in terms of days. Think about it, if we planned a walk of 200 miles and we knew we could walk 20 miles a day it would take us 10 days to arrive. On that 10Th day we would actually arrive at our destination. The challenges would all be presented of what they may encounter. Within those ten days who knows what they might be?

I, like them, have charted a path, a certain destination I want to get to. Mine has a journey and a challenge. I suppose we all do. Their are certain things we all do day after day and we will all arrive at a certain point in time with a goal or not with a goal. I have decided to take a goal with me. I have chosen to arrive at a certain date of the calendar having done something everyday until that day arrives.

I am driven by this goal as it gets larger the closer I get. As I imagine a traveler of long ago would sense their milestones would be getting ever closer to their destination.

Can you feel it?

My time is near.A clear and concise mental is coming into focus.A 1300+ burn, 22 per minute for one hour. I hear the starting horn.

My determination won out! I had a stated goal of 1300+ calories to burn in 60 minutes. I had a clear concise mental picture of it happening. Well, since it happened some where in the universe 1st. It happened here 2ND! Done I burned 1344 calories in an hour thus, shattering my goal 1300+ .

It is a bit peculiar that even though I did 1344 which was 60 more calories than yesterday I know I can do so much better.
Either way I love it and I feel great. Now what is better than that?

Great motivation from the movie "About Schmidt" where he refers to the trek by some across country. It says some made it California some died along the way some settled in Nebraska. While the there were the cowards who never started.

I suppose we all have that decision everyday no matter what it is that we set out to do .or how far we can get or we are just cowards and never even start.

Wow! Is that simple. Its funny too we all have loads of things we can do and those are 4 categories they fall under.
  • Make it
  • die along the way
  • settle
  • never try
The great thing is we can always start over every minute of every day.

Here is some thing I noticed while I was working out trying to achieve my goal.
In the 1st minute I wanted to burn 22 calories. But I was only able to burn 21. Then I said ok by the time 2 minutes is up I wish to burn 44 calories. Again only burned 42. Then I said do 66 in 3 minutes. Same burned 63. However i noticed one thing and it got me determined I only missed by 13 seconds of actually burning 66 calories in 3 minutes. So I said can I burn 88 in a 70 seconds - Yes I burned it 68 seconds. Then I said what about 64 seconds can I burn 22 in 64 seconds - Yes, then I said how about a minute can I burn 22 in a minute? Yes! Then I kept on chopping seconds off the minute and I was burning 25 per minute. Then I got my pace and burned 1344 in 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment