Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 940 We will work on beating yesterday's total

As this day unfolds we start with plenty of rest. The air is cool I have a tremendous oasis of time ahead of me. After today's work out we will be six hills away from the big quad city. One thousand days will be sitting there. The question is how is my body? What does it feel like? I suppose in an effort to answer that I need to know the criteria. Is there any major challenges? The answer is by the grace of God - no. I saw a friend of a friend at the gym yesterday, and I told him to tell our friend the day is 939. His response was something I had not heard before from anyone other than myself. He said, "it is a blessing." How true, how true. Amen was my response.

It is 716 in the am. When the clock strikes this hour the other six days a week I am either done with my workout or just getting started. Today I am here loving the break but dying to get the workout going. as of the last few days I have paid attention to the time I have taken in between workouts. Today, should I get on the machine around 8am or so I will have rested 24 hours. Yesterday I was able to rest 24 and 35 minutes.

As I get this nice chunks of rest I need to increase my calorie burn per hour.a snapshot of this week's burns show:
  • Monday 1250
  • Tuesday 1259
  • Wednesday 1266
  • Thursday 1268
  • Friday 1286
  • Saturday 1344
With 24 plus hours of rest 1350 is the goal. Once I get a clear concise mental picture of it happening I will be able to hit that number. As I did yesterday prior to my work out I am focusing on getting that clear concise mental picture.

If you recall one of the greatest athletes of all time was a man by the name of Jim Thorpe his technique for getting ready for his events was to sit and visualize his performances. Take a second and look at some of his accomplishments.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe

Yep, he was an incredible athlete!

A big part of the burn is to get to the right machine. Today I was beaten to the right machine. The machines in area 2 are very different from the one I use. i used are 2 today and fought like crazy to get #s I got.

I sweated up a storm and burn 1252 boo who? Boo me I should have got to that machine!
I had some time so I felt great and did 810 crunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment