Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 1290 With some rest we embark on the run to 1300

A humid morning and a sticky feeling as I shake off the rust after a frenetic evening of serving customers. It is interesting to compare the physical challenges of the two jobs.

One has a more closed in area in which to work. Since you are closed in, your speed plays a factor in how much you can get done. The though not closed in the other challenges you to move quickly with a internalized sense of urgency. As the evening unfolds with the pace usually picks up to a feverish pace. There is little area in which to move yet you know what it is that most certainly needs to be done.

When it comes down to it the overall attitude of mind in both jobs is the key as I book end all this activity with a good workout. I am like a professional athlete that trains everyday and plays a game after he trains.

I have selected all this, the training and the vocation so, I have come up with both mental and physical strategies to continue to do my best.

It looks like I will not hit the gym until 10:30 am today. In addition, to today's schedule being altered tomorrow's schedule will be altered. As I got up at 8am and had all intentions of getting to the gym around 830 am,I was informed I need to fulfill another commitment at 930am.

As a result, the gym will have to wait until after the 930am's engagement is completed. Tomorrow, the gym will not open until 7 am and I need to be at the job by 9 am. So I will be able to do a shortened workout of 7-810am and then shower and go to be dressed fed and ready to play on time.

Tick tock and we wait....

I got the gym and on the machine at 1022am

In sixty minutes I burned 1398 calories
75 assisted chin ups
260 killer crunches
1200 crunches
1000 floor crunches
seven minutes of plank

After that without a break or drink or stoppage I got a can of gas and mowed the lawn and worked through high grass for about one hour and forty five minutes then proceeded to two stores came home showered and finally broke my fast.

It was great to expend all that energy on my day off from both jobs.

Day 1291 it be an hour on the machine and home for a quick shower and off to work!

There will in all likelihood be no post after the work out. It will be a truncated Saturday where the doors open and I can barely get my work out in. I hope someone shows up on time to open the doors.


No comments:

Post a Comment