Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 1967 As we get a break in the humidity! Off to the cape to chase down Moby Dick!

When you think about all the securities you have, what is the one( outside of actually dying) you would miss the most if, it were taken away from you? Would you be able to survive? From a scale of one to ten, with ten being the highest, what is your confidence level at in your believe you could survive?
This question is written not to bum you out but, to help you identify the level of strength you have in your faith in yourself.


What do you think Abraham Lincoln meant by this quote?
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.

An accurate historian with no reference materiel I am not.However, I do enjoy reminiscing about what I believe was the past events that help shape our present. As I make my way through the second half of the 1900's and beyond the 50's and into the  mid 60's my memory and my images become more based on what I saw.
Exploring and reflecting on 1967; The Cardinals won the World Series for 2nd time in 4 years. However, the real story in the MLB that year was the Red Sox as they won the pennant for the first time in 21 years and came all the way back from finishing 9th the year before to winning 92 games as they won their last two games to win the pennant. In NFL the Packers won their second straight championship and defeated the Cheifs in the first *Super Bowl.The NBA, the 76ers end Celtics 8 year championship run.In the NHL,the Leafs take back the cup.

This week's show  promises to be  excellent  as will be taking calls on the Aaron Hernandez saga, upcoming All star game (Puig or no Puig whats your take?) in New York and  other exciting sports news.
We will get to 94 today, again. Muggy Heat index 100, oh yeah. Is there a heat wave coming?
Join me on 88.7 FM and www.wnhu.net- The Friday Night Sports Scene on from 8 to 10 pm! Every Friday..


A pattern interrupt:

I must pass on my apologies to all who intended to listen to the Friday Night Sports Scene, a sports talk show which I host every Friday night from 8 to 10 pm on 88.7 FM and www.wnhu.net. The show did not air as there was some technical difficuties. The building that houses the studio where the show is broadcasted from is under going some major renovations and needed to have its power shut down. After the power was to be shut down the plan was at 5 pm to switch to generated power. There was a problem with the generator and the power remained off until after 10 pm, hence, no show.

I am scheduled to be back on the show Friday July 19TH as I will miss next week's show due to a vacation.Thanks for all your interest. You can follow my views on sports and other matters on twitter @sicilianmessage.Thanks again and I do apologize for any inconvenience.


Our ego,our body and our soul. Ego wants us to look good,our body wants us to feel good and our soul wants us to do good.
When we eat as healthy as we know we can do we achieve the wishes of our ego,body and soul?

Workout number 2055 as we did our 89TH double-on Day 1962
I felt good and put on 2 layers of clothing and a hood, I was warm. Burned 2150 calories in 60 minutes- best way to describe the machine I work out on is it is a stair climber and an elliptical machine. Doing any substantial effort in this soup of a weather is a great accomplishment.
50 pullups
220 old style very very steep wow!
270 very medium depth
330 crunches incline
400 crunches
450 more crunches
5 minutes of plank 3 ways
50 Ab machine


practiced a lot of tai chi Tie Qi proper pronunciation more than yesterday. Good balance? yes
Tai Chi class awesome! Next class- Wednesday July 10TH missed because of the weather,
184.4/ 182

No comments:

Post a Comment