Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 1572 just speeding down the highway to Day 1600!

There is something awesome about putting in a good strong kick in the last 15 or 20 minutes of a cardiovascular workout.That extreme desire to hit a number just manifests itself and your brain gets wired to it. I was working hard for the first half hour and saw that I had burned 1122. I said to myself, "no way am I going to settle for 2244."And you know what? I did not settle for that amount.

I decide to measure my efforts in small chunks of time. I figured if If I could see how I am doing each minute it will make me more accountable for the calories I was burning. A good pace to run at is 40 calories per minute. I decide to chase 50 calories a minute.So for every minute after 43 minutes I chased 50.When I knew I was not going to get it in the last 20 seconds I made sure I hit forty every time! My pace picked up and some times I would burn 45 or higher.The total for sixty was 2325.A total of 1203 was burned in the last thirty minutes. By breaking it down into one minute bursts I was able to keep up the pace and  strive for the target.Although, I missed it just about every time I never stopped my effort to reach it.

Quite the metaphor for life. I did 42 chin ups with 94 pounds of assistance.I did 7 minutes of plank. I usually do about two songs that play over the speakers but, today there was no music playing over the speakers.I did 520 q's, 340 crunches and 200 killers. I am not sure how many floor crunches 800? Because I usually do it for about 10 minutes or 2 and a half songs but, again no music to accurately measure.
Weighed in at 186.The protein does help me feel stronger but, it may be helping me add weight.

Day  1573 Four years and 113 days-Unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment