Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 1149 One day from Eleven Fifty

We just find ourselves in position. However, things do not just happen there is justification for all that happens to us.We put in place a course of action and our actions determine where we are. Many times our minds will tell us that other things caused certain things to happen but, in the end we were the ones who really had that final say.

Steven Covey sheds light on this when uses the words response ability. To us the word is responsibility . I realize to most responsibility takes on a different meaning. As we examine the word we see our actions are caused by a stimulus and before we respond to that stimulus we pause and then react. It is during this pause that various abilities are possible to be used. We are the ones who decide which ability we will use.

I do think it is that simple. We all have free will and we do all exercise it. Our minds a control us but, us when we realize this we can see how our power is much more stronger than we know.

Simple situations take on a different feel when we employ this mind set.

A good example of this is, temporarily losing your car keys. The stimulus is the fact that you realized you cannot find your keys, now the pause is your actions to remember where you put them. It is is only after that pause will you respond.

You have many things you can choose to do during your pause.

I think there is some adrenalin rush that goes through our body and we get a different perspective on what we are doing. This allows us to think more clearly as to where we put our keys.

Right now, my stimulus is going to the gym and seeing if I can get a good power surge to get back in the flow.....

The difference between a Saturday workout where I do a sixty minute cardiovascular workout for sixty minutes. As opposed to a Monday through Friday workout where I still do a sixty minute cardiovascular workout is my am start time.

On my Monday through Friday workout my start time is usually around 445 to 5 am. My Saturday start time is around 7 am. That means I am getting up at 525 am on Saturday and 410 am Monday through Friday. That is a difference of 1 hour and 15 minutes plus I do not workout until two hours later than my Monday through Friday start time.

With this extra rest I gather up a little more energy. Today, I burned 1366 calories in the sixty minute workout. I gained an extra minute on my time. So, I was a little faster today.

I had more energy. I did about 400 crunches and I felt great.

Day 1150 will be here and 1367++ needs to be beat- I would love to knock off another minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment