Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 1268 The rest felt good; now lets see how it translates....

Into action on the fine morning. My body have been somewhat achy lately. Perhaps, it is some dopey virus that is passing through. It is a challenge especially since I have been enjoying such a easy go of it over the last few weeks.As I get through it I do realize the value of the right amount of rest. For some reason other than lack of calmness I did not allow myself enough sleep this week . I am sure the sleep would have helped me feel better.

There is a great quote and I am not sure how it goes , exactly. The problems with all humans arises because because they do not know when to rest quietly in their rooms.

The actual quote is this, it is from Pascal

I have often said that the sole cause of man’s unhappiness is that he does not know how to sit quietly in his room. A man wealthy enough for life’s needs would never leave home to go to sea or besiege some fortress if he knew how to stay at home and enjoy it.

I believe there is an enormous power in that one thought.Rest, so you can be strong and enjoy life.

Now, we shall see how it translates to action!

It did translate well as I put better numbers and definitely felt MORE alive!

In sixty minutes I burned 1392 calories
10 assisted chin ups
220 crunches
500 floor crunches
four minutes of plank

In the area of burning 1392 calories in an hour, I burned 670 calories in the first half hour. I always marvel at how close I come to attaining some goals. By burning 670 in the first half that means I burned 722 in the second half hour. Now in burning 1392 in 60 minutes that means I burned 23.2 calories per minute. My goal was to burn 1400 calories per hour which equals 23.33 per minute. Now, since I burned .386 calories per second. When I fell 8 calories burned off the mark that means I missed by 3.09 seconds of hitting my goal. Oh that is painful. Three and nine one hundredth of a second.

Oh well tomorrow we have to crush that and burn 1440++

Day 1269 is on the mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment