Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 1261 Now, its time to manage my dis appointments

The list of five was called and I was notified via email that I was not going to be one of the five. The email was not my only notification. I was told by my cousin that the announcement of the five finalist was coming at 305 pm. I scurried to a radio and heard the first four finalist announced. Then with bated breath, the announcer said," I am having trouble saying this last name. Folks, at that point I knew he was not referring to my last name. My mind raced, could it be Josh? Then, I realized it was Neeraj.

Oh for heaven sakes, it was not me. My first thought in the intensity of the moment was why?
What happened I was very entertaining and I thought that was the magic formula. A little stick and flair. Then, I remember what my dear friend had said," it is between you and the one who presented his thoughts very well and had much less of a personality than your presentation . I said okay I buy it. I also understood, that one of the other finalist had a similiar approach to landing the five spot as I did. So, perhaps in an effort to offer a more diverse selection of personalities to the next round our friend Neeraj was the right choice.

However, I was able to watch my audition and saw how my presentation although entertaining was not as thorough as the winners. In many areas he painted precise word pictures of the current state of the NY teams landscape. He did an awesome job of staying on point and a strong job of being accurate with his facts. He spoke more eloquently then I did and was not fazed in the least by the challenge. After looking at his previous video he was very consistent with his style from one presentation to another.

No, I learned rather lost. I think my approach was exactly what I wanted to do. But, I miss read the situation I should been more prepared to show my understanding of sports.

The next time, I will be more in tune with my feelings of the subject and present my thoughts in a different way.

All in all, it was a blast to perform and compete in such an interesting and awesome event.

Now, we go and workout------

Finished strong!

In sixty minutes I burned 1389 calories
60 assisted chin ups
1400 crunches
550 floor crunches
seven minutes of plank

Felt awesome and had good positive thoughts parading through my mind.

Word to the new people that are just starting to workout.

Eat less
workout on an empty stomach
no matter what you do, do something
the very next day, try to eat less and do a little more than the day before

There, do that every day for a month and you will feel a hundred times better than you did when you started.
Day 1262 only 38 more to hit 1300!

No comments:

Post a Comment