Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 783- The day we burned 761 calories in half hour while...

Wearing a SIXTEEN POUND WEIGHTED VEST! It felt awesome. My reason for wearing the vest today was to celebrate the finding of another person who is currently on a workout streak.

Yep. yesterday I was fortunate enough meet a person who has been running everyday since she was 13 years old. Now, I am not one to claim to be a age expert and I am also not one to ask a lady her age. So, I will take a step back and study the facts. She was drinking wine. She said she had a child. I being the bartender served her the wine and had no inclination to ask her for her identification. Now, with all that information it is easy to see how she must be on an incredible streak. How long has she been running 10 years? Maybe 15? WOW!

The day began with a fresh attitude of pushing myself. I noticed when I put the weighted vest on that I recalled my feelings when I first put it on about a year ago. I was very hesitant to take it off. I found myself wanting to see how long I can go with it on. For those of you that have never worn a weighted vest or had on ankle weights it is indeed an exhilarating challenge.

After thirty minutes of wearing the vest during my workout I took it off and completed my workout without wearing it. I managed to burn 744 calories in the last half hour. So all total I burned 1,505 calories in 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment