Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 848- Habits and questions and an anniversary

The gym opens at 7 ish am. It is now 604 am. I am interested in a few things 1)habits 2) questions and the anniversary that is about to happen. First, habits. According to Steven Covey, who wrote the book, "seven habits of highly effective people". A habit requires three basic things knowledge, skill and desire. These three fall in line with any habit. Good or bad, a habit does not know the difference. I have heard it takes 21 days to get a habit. Going on that thought once you do something for 21 days it means there is a connection that is fortified by 21 consecutive days of a continual action. Since this blog is about my journey lets take a look at it.

This entire blog of the last 364 consecutive days is all about HABITS! Since Day 484 I have posted something about my Habit of working out for sixty minutes a day doing a cardiovascular exercise my habit has reached 847 with today being day 848. I have begun another habit. The other habit I have in process and now am on is the habit of not only doing the sixty minute work out it is also working everyday. I am currently at eighteen days of that streak. Today is my nineteenth day of that habit. I so look forward to reaching day 21 of that habit to mentally establish that action as a bonafide habits.

Lastly we get to questions life is all about questions. Today's big question is can I burn more calories today, within the hour, than I did yesterday? Yesterday I burned 1424 I am get an extra hour of rest because yesterday I started my workout at 552. Question, will the extra rest be beneficial?

Put it down as beneficial! Today with in the hour of 658 and 758 am I burned 1426! YES! I beat yesterday's total of 1426-How sweet is that? See more questions, they just keep coming.

That was fun I felt good and I was focused and determined. I was in a zone. I like to call it the Saturday morning zone!

Next question, can I beat 1426?
This week the burn was starting with Monday; 1410, 1413, 1401, 1408, 1424, 1426.

No comments:

Post a Comment