Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 842- Woke up differently today

Allowed myself to lie in bed for extra minutes. Just to soak it in. Took a shower before heading to the gym. Decided to sit here and browse the net and leisurely blog. Whoa, that feels different. I usually bounce out of bed and before I awake I am on the machine. Well, not today, I was granted a short pass and am enjoying it now. I am getting myself psyched to do an awesome workout. I worked Sunday to Saturday 60 hours. On my feet running around hours. It was good, it helped build some character. So, today is a later start. I say later start and not late start because it is my preferred choice.

Today's philosophical thoughts ---I am thinking... OK here is one. What if when you get ready for a given task you ask yourself a few empowering questions first.
1- What do I really want to accomplish here?
2- How can I do this to the best of my ability?
3- How can I have fun while doing this?
4- After I complete this task how do I want to feel about myself?

There now we have a good mindset to run on for the workout.
Oh my gosh, it is 822 in the am, in my recent time the morning is almost over- HA!

I started slow today but oh, what a finish!
Check this course of events. I started using the arc trainer but I could not seem to burn the usual amount of calories. So around the 20 minute mark I made some adjustments.My total amount of calories was only 400 for 20 minutes which 80 less than normal. Once i made the adjustments On got on a great pace and maintained it for another 50 minutes. In that time I burned 1205 calories. So I discarded the first 10 minutes of my workout and replaced it with the 1205 and added on the other 200 calories I burned within 10 and 20 minutes of my workout.
All total I burned 1405 calories in 60 good minutes. I felt awesome and I felt redeemed. I answered my questions
1- feel like I worked out real hard
2- by establishing a good pace and maintaining it
3-By challenging myself
4- like I left it all out there

Done deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment