Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 493- Time stops for no man, today I begin a new life

Yesterday was full. Up at 5;30 down @ 2 am- Why 2am? Strangeness of the mind. However, up around 730ish. The plan on my day off from work is to squeeze out the ride prior to the dentist appointment then, finish with some abs after the dentist. Thats a good challenge. My vision is to be focused until those three things are completed.



I love the salesman's prayer by Og Mandino, it goes something like this: Today, I begin a new life, today I shed my old skin which hath too long. Which has suffered the bruises of failure and the wounds of mediocrity. Today I am born a new and my birth place is a vineyard where there is fruit for all. All right, lets go get this 493 done!

All right! Day 493 is done. What battle, did a 902 in 60, went to the dentist( NO break for water, just go). After dentist, right back to the gym. Did moocho crunches (3000+) did weights and 10 minute plank - then stretched. So, the long and short of it is, yes, I did keep my focus and the three things were completed.

About a month ago, I read an article about the places where the people are the happiest. The basis for determing a person's hapiness was pretty simple. They conducted a survey and asked simple questions. http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-27761674;_ylc=X3oDMTFzODRwOWZjBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEX3MDMjcxOTQ4MQRzZWMDZnAtdG9kYXltb2QEc2xrA2hhcHB5cGxhY2VzLTUtOS0wOQ- are some sample questions:
Did you enjoy something you did yesterday?
Were you proud of something you did yesterday?
Did you learn something yesterday?
Were you treated with respect yesterday?

Those are awesome questions we could ask of ourselves everyday. If we answer "yes" we should think about what it is that made us say yes.

Remember everyday we do begin a new life- lets be happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment