Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 489- make people smile

Sure enough, on the way to the gym I was fortunate to see someone and I helped them to smile.
Then while I was doing my workout out I made somone else laugh.

Last nite I finished work @ 10 ish got home @ 11ish. Bed by 1 ish, up by 6:30ish( wanted to get up by 5:30 ish but I suppose I decided not to) got to gym by 7:30ish. Had strong desire to do a double workout after my ride but, ran outta time have to be in by 10:40ish HA HA -

The second person that I helped smile got me motivated. When I first got on the cycle I felt a little sluggish so I started pedaling a little harder. When I did that the person next to me said do you push yourself that hard for twenty minutes? I replied, "no for 60 minutes". He said geez thats nuts. I had 1) not even thought that I was going that hard 2) thought of 20 minutes being a long time. See my dear readers its all a matter of perspective. After I told him about the streak of consecutive workouts I encouraged him to stay with his workout. I expressed that it all starts with an attitude that you can do the same. Just have an attitude that you will do what you can for that day and I am coming back tomorrow.

Well, gotta go - Tomorrow I will do my double and get 490!

I am back, just some thoughts - we are happier heading towards happiness than we are when we finally get there. Think about it, the next time your a planning a vacation and are excited about the day of the vacation measure your "happy meter". Then after you get to your vacation spot remeasure your "happy meter", see which one is higher. Do not be surprised if you were happier before you got there. Be a person who can get excited and stay excited. Best definition of a winner I ever heard was a person who can get excited about something long enough to complete the task. What is the depth of your enthusiasm?

No comments:

Post a Comment