Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 487- a dash of adversity

Up at 545 am in gym by 630 ish. A good ride until, pedal on favorite cycle snaps. Oh NO ! What to do? Jump on the next available cycle- However, this one has a ball bearing problem and it creates a lot of resistance as one pedals. The resistance is noticable and makes a grinding sound. No matter, finished the last 45 minutes on cycle anyway.

I reported the broken pedal to the manager of the gym and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

As I continue on this journey of consecutive workouts I am trying to stretch my vision. How miles ( virtual) have I traveled since I started? I suppose it makes for good arthimetic - Each ride is how many miles? I'd say about 20 in an hour. So, if we multiply 20 x 487 that will give us 9,740 miles. I guess I am approaching 10,000 miles of riding since february 23rd 2008.
I wonder how far that is? What is the circumference of the earth? http://geography.about.com/library/faq/blqzcircumference.htm 24,901.55 miles - So there we have it - I have traveled almost half way around the earth in virtual miles !

Ain't that something?
Go out there everyone and start your journey around the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment