Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 2115 The days march on

Hit a snag here. As I am on antibiotics for the next 6 days 2 a day for 2 types. Every 12 hours I take 2 pills. I got some sort of bacterial colitis. I went to the hospital after I took ill at work and my coworkers thought I was having a heart attack. When the ambulance arrived they checked me out I was not having a  heart attack.My nauseousness was brought under control  and I stopping sweating. They were surprised by my low resting heart rate which was around 40 which I explained was normal because of my athletic status.

All in all it was quite the day, as I  spent most of it, and the following day, in the hospital.

Now, I will rest for today. I will get back to my workouts tomorrow.

I tell you, I was ashamed to get sick in front of all those people at work. As I wished to be an example of what exercise, hard work, eating healthy and a positive attitude can deliver. Instead, I took ill, and now, I have  given all that were considering working out and eating healthy an out for not doing it.

I felt sad because of that, and for the ending of the workout streak and to have it happen in such a public way.

Hey, now we pick up the pieces and bounce back. Adversity does not test the character it reveals.

The streak in number 2/23/08- 12/6/2013= 2113 5 years 287 days. 5 yrs 41 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment